The Collaborative Research Center 951 HIOS is attaching great importance to the provision of equal opportunities for its members.
We especially want to back up scientists who are disadvantaged in their scientific work due to family commitments.
- Financial support for job training, coaching, or mentoring if required
- Financial support for a stand-in for female principal investigators during maternity leave and parental leave
Scientists with children
- Installation of family rooms including a workstation, upgrading of already existing family rooms as needed
- Financial support for the installation of a home office
- Financial support for childcare costs during scientific events of the Centre, or in other exceptional circumstances like overtime work
- Additional travel allowances for scientists with children to provide for exceptional childcare costs during conferences:
- travel and accommodation expenses for accompanying children and babysitters
- additional childcare costs at home due to the absence of one parent during conferences
- Support of scientists with children by an additional position of a dedicated assistant
- Extra position for a Student Assistant ( up to 40 hours/month)
- In case of a reduction of working hours: Financial support for an extra position of a scientific assistant