Direkt zum InhaltDirekt zur SucheDirekt zur Navigation
▼ Zielgruppen ▼

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Mathematisch-Naturwissen­schaft­liche Fakultät - SFB 951 - HIOS




The Collaborative Research Centre 951 HIOS is attaching great importance to the provision of equal opportunities and a family-friendly work environment for its members. We especially want to back up scientists who may be disadvantaged in their scientific work due to family commitments. Therefore, the CRC 951 offers various programs supporting the reconciliation
of work and family life.

If you require any type of support not listed below, please contact the CRC office for individual solutions.


Finding a Kita place

Do you have problems finding a free Kita place for your child in Berlin?
We cooperate with childcare centres such as FRÖBEL Bildung und Erziehung gGmbH, where, in case of vacancies, members of CRC 951 are given priority
in the assignment of a Kita place in one of the 27 Fröbel day care centres in Berlin. In addition, we can cover the costs for prolonged opening hours and the waiving
of closing times (e.g. during summer holidays) at any Kita in general.

For more information see:




General childcare support


Do you need additional child care, even at short notice? In cooperation with Kids Mobil we are also able to offer a flexible and mobile childcare service to our members. This service can be taken advantage of whenever additional childcare is necessary e.g., during scientific events relevant to the CRC 951, in case of increased working hours, when regular childcare is not available, during unforeseen events, and on similar occasions. Of course, you get to know your child care provider in advance.


For more information see:




Childcare support during conferences ▼

Do you need to attend a CRC relevant conference but childcare is
either unavailable or your child needs to be nursed? The CRC can cover the
travel and accommodation expenses for accompanying
children and babysitters
or for additional childcare at home due to
the absence of one parent during conferences.



Home office equipment ▼


Do you take care of your children or of dependent relatives while working at home?
The CRC can cover the costs for the establishment and operation of a
fully equipped home office including a laptop or desktop PC.
The home office equipment remains property of the university.




Temporary substitute ▼


In case of family-related absences, such as parental leave or dependent care, project leaders on maternity or parental leave have the option to be relieved from project-specific routine tasks (including project management) by qualified temporary support staff. The same may also apply for regular project research staff



Other type of support ▼


  • Installation of family rooms including a workstation and upgrading of already existing family rooms as needed
  • Co-financing of day care centres (participation in personnel costs, participation in establishment and equipment costs) to allow for more flexible hours or to expand offerings for toddlers (compared to the local standard)
  • Purchase of Kid's Toy Boxes



For more information, please check also the leaflet "Vereinbarkeit von Promotion und Familie" of the
Humboldt-Universität (german only): >>click here<<


FHI-Logo    HZB-Logo    IRIS Logo      Uni Potsdam-Logo    FU Logo    TU Berlin-Logo      HU Berlin-Logo



Funded by:  DFG Logo